Connectra Fusion Corporate & Product Fact Sheet
- Connectra Fusion's business is manufacturing equipment to heat join plastic pipe.
- Connectra's product line differentiates itself from those of its competitors through its emphasis on simple, reliable equipment, such as its hand pump unit, which is user and maintenance friendly in addition to having a lower acquisition price.
- Connectra offers its customers a full line of sturdy, dependable fusion equipment and accessories. Our equipment will fuse pipe from ½“ CTS to 42" IPS.
- Our corporate philosophy is "simpler is smarter." Our customers are the ones looking for a simple, rugged fusion product that is easy to use, fairly-priced, and makes an excellent joint.
- Connectra Fusion has over 50 years of collective experience in PE pipe fusion — the most of any other fusion equipment supplier in the US.
- Connectra Fusion was formed in 2001 from the merger between Christie Manufacturing and TD Williamson's Polyethylene Products division.
- In March 2007, Connectra became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Central Plastics Company, a global leader in system joining products.
- In January 2008, Connectra became part of the Georg Fischer Corporation, a global supplier of piping systems.
- Today, Connectra operates under its own name, bringing its "simpler is smarter" approach to PE pipe fusion equipment to the global market.
- Connectra's products fall into five general categories:
- Butt fusion: Our line of rugged and dependable butt fusion equipment allows you to make high-quality, specification joints on virtually any size of PE pipe.
- Sidewall fusion: Connectra makes rugged equipment to let you easily fuse sidewall fittings as large as 8" to any size of PE pipe.
- Socket fusion: Connectra's socket fusion tools and kits are designed to get the job done quickly and effectively.
- Squeeze tools: In emergencies, Connectra's squeeze tools (for plastic and steel pipelines) allow you to make rapid squeeze-offs without damaging pipe ends.
- Fusion accessories: Connectra provides accessories to help simplify the fusion process for use with any fusion equipment.
- Connectra offers its customers a range of flexible training programs. We are proud to say that because of the simple design of our products, training on Connectra machines is significantly faster and easier than on our competitors' more complicated equipment.
- Connectra offers a comprehensive repair and maintenance center at our Gainesville, Texas facility.
- Connectra's customers have reported that they experience less down time for maintenance when compared to more complicated equipment. At the same time, they report that a hand pump can produce more fusions per hour than an electric hydraulic machine — and with minimal labor!